Work With Us
OPERATIONS MANAGER- position filled
Bellini Travel has been arranging the very best holidays and parties in Italy for nearly 20 years. We are recognised worldwide for our unique approach to each and every client. The goodwill and longstanding relationships we have created and nurtured in Italy means our clients experience the country in a way that most never will. We all love what we do and take enormous pride in the success of the company. Based in a light airy office, we know how to live well and are a fun, hardworking team – there is never a dull moment.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager. You will have full operational responsibility for the administration and smooth running of the business. You will be working closely with a very busy Sales Team supporting them in completing daily, weekly and monthly tasks in a timely fashion. You need to be a hands on charismatic leader with the ability to build and nurture a harmonious, happy, high performing team.
This will be a diverse and demanding yet highly rewarding role.
- Manage and oversee a small but growing team of 6 people
- Responsibility for recruitment of new team members, employee training and development
- Delegation of responsibilities and supervision of all work providing guidance and support to the team.
- Support, direct and guide junior sales members of the team through the booking process
Business Development/Relationship Management
- Product development through regular communication with the sales team and with Italian suppliers. Actively seek out and propose new product ideas
- Quality control; Seek out, review and act on supplier and client feedback to ensure product selection and documentation is accurate and in keeping with Bellini Travel standards.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure the highest standards are achieved. Continuous research into new experiences, properties and suppliers in Italy to ensure we are working in partnership with the best suppliers to deliver the very best client experience
- Along with the sales team, create proposals for clients to choose from. Co-ordinate the creation and regular refinement of Bellini Travel documentation including quotes and final itineraries to ensure consistency of style and quality
- Plan and deliver reconnaissance trips taking responsibility for cost management and post trip de-briefing.
- Oversee all logistical elements of trips. Includes complex itineraries, contingencies and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips.
Company and project finances
- Full responsibility of project costings ensuring all aspects are covered including appropriate financial buffers and contingencies in a clear and understandable format. Source and negotiate contracts with our suppliers and consultants. Financial ownership for projects including issuing invoices, ensuring funds are received and overseeing all payments to suppliers.
- Assist where requested to resolve operational or emergency situations
Outstanding efficiency and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and a positive, proactive approach to work. The ability to prioritise duties and good time management are essential.
- Willingness to develop strong product knowledge and a passion for all things related to Italy, its culture, regional gastronomy, artistic heritage and historical sights (not hard)
- A team player as well as a strong ability to use initiative and take ownership for completing tasks whilst coping with a fast-paced office
- Previous experience of working in a Travel Operations Department in a bespoke luxury travel company.
- At least 3-4 years leadership experience in a managerial role
- Relevant visa/work permit
- Demonstrate knowledge and infectious passion about Italy
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong IT skills including good knowledge of MS Excel
- Good analytical skills understanding the importance of profits/performance
- Knowledge of SalesForce or experience of working with a CRM platform within the travel sector
- Working proficiency in spoken Italian
Is this you?
It goes without saying that a passion for Italy is at the heart of this role.
Commercially astute with strong financial acumen to take responsibility for creating, tracking and overseeing of all financial aspects of the business (an understanding of P&L sheets, cash flow forecasts) for regular discussions with the Chairman, bookkeeper and accountants.
Highly personable and charming with the ability to build a rapport with suppliers and clients.
Proactive and innovative self-starter with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and muck in and do whatever it takes to ensure the success of Bellini and that all our trips are executed to perfection.
Salary from £40-£50,000 depending on experience
Bonus structure based on performance
Fantastic travel opportunities
If you are interested please send your cv and cover letter to .
We look forward to hearing from you.